Our minds also need a spring clean from time to time. Especially after a long winter, a good spring clean of the mind can do wonders to get you motivated to pick up a gear and sprint to the end of the year achieving all those goals you intended to achieve at the beginning of the year.
I'm no expert in decluttering, but here are some quick tips that can help to spring clean your mind:
1. Meditate: Take a moment to allow your mind to rest. Clear the clutter in your mind, and you will be amazed at how the rest of the noise and clutter around you simply disappears. It's easy when you give yourself permission to do it. If you'd like some assistance, try meditating to our Guided Meditations.
2. Spring clean your environment: Clean up your office and desk, organise the third draw down in the kitchen, rearrange the furniture in the lounge, tidy up the garden. All of these things require your attention, so while you're concentrating on that you're giving your mind a rest and achieving a satisfying result at the same time.
3. Hanging around... Its time to hit that wardrobe and clear out the things lurking in the wardrobe taking up space—if you haven't worn it in 12 months, its time to let it go. How you look affects how you feel and how you perform, so get a friend or a personal stylist to help you decide what works and what doesn't.
4. Recycle pre-loved belongings: Don't throw things out... recycle them by either selling them on your website, Face Book, Trade Me or EBay, or gifting them to a charitable organisation. Christmas is just around the corner, so think about packaging up a few pre-loved things and donating them to a worthy cause.
5. Have a makeover and/or a massage: After all your cleaning you'll need to rest and relax, rejuvenate your mind ready for the next adventure.
Remember your mind can be as cluttered as your environment. Spring cleaning your mind can have a cleansing affect on your environment and vice versa. Let go of the old and make way for the new. Any inspiring tips you have to help us spring clean mind, body and environment, we'd love to hear them.