Hypothetically, if each person inspires 10 people to reach a goal within 10 weeks, and those 10 people inspire another 10 people each, over a year in excess of 146,000 people will have achieved at least one of their goals. This is the power of compounding inspiration.
That may not seem significant until you look at it in different scenarios:
- Imagine if each of those people was on welfare and their goal was to get paid employment – what impact would that have on our employment statistics, those people and their families?
- What if each of those people worked for an organisation and their goal was to choose a positive attitude for work each day – what would that do to the morale of the organization, productivity, sales, staff and customer retention?
- Or perhaps those people choose to give the best possible service they could, no matter what their occupation – how would that impact on the people they came in contact with?
Have you seen the movie ‘Sliding Doors’ starring Gwyneth Paltrow? The storyline is about how one second in time can change your whole experience. Apply this to attitudes:
- Choosing to respond to someone in a positive way can have a radically different outcome to choosing a negative or aggressive alternative.
- Choosing a positive attitude in the morning can be the difference between having a great day or a negative one.
Who is responsible? We are.
Attitudes are an essential ingredient to success, and we are responsible for our own attitudes and outcomes. Too many people are on auto pilot when it comes to attitudes. Attitudes are ours to choose and we can choose them any time we like.
The DVD ‘The Secret’ is making huge waves around the world. This movie is about the Law of Attraction. What you focus on is what you get. If you are focusing on what might go wrong, chances are it will. Focus on the positive and you will attract positive people and experiences to you. So in essence, we are responsible for our success.
Remember, you can do anything you really want if you really put your mind to it.
Choose the ‘Tude Ltd is a Motivational Resource Centre that focuses on attitude as the starting point for creating success for individuals and businesses. The business is based on the belief if that we can help one person succeed in reaching their goals, we have succeeded. The more people we help, the better life is for more people.
Help us inspire more people to have the life they want by passing on this article.
Author: Robyn Simpson
Inspire 10 people to inspire 10 people… pass it on!