Well it is February already and how are you going with your New Year's goals? If you didn't set any at the beginning of the year there is no reason why you can't start setting some new goals today.
Keeping on track with your goals can be challenging. I have found the following things work well. Even though some of them you do at the beginning of your goal setting process - its helps to review them periodically.
1. Get really clear on your goal - it needs to be clear enough for you to be able to explain it to someone else so they understand what you are going to achieve.
2. Work systematically - yes attaining goals requires constant attention and every little bit counts.
3. Notice what is holding you back - identify limiting beliefs, behaviours and patterns and change them to more empowering ones.
4. Learn new information and skills - identify what else you need to learn to reach your goals, then research where to find that information.
5. Have a sounding board for your ideas - choose a friend or your partner to bounce your ideas off. They may have a useful perspective you haven't though about. They may also be able to give you feedback to help you unblock areas where you might be stuck.
6. Acknowledge your success - there's no need to wait until you have achieved the big goal - notice what you are achieving daily to help you reach it and stay motivated.
7. Be accountable and honest about how dedicated you are to your goal and taking the actions daily - if you are not completely inspired by the idea, write down what inspires you about it - list at least 10 big things that really excite you.
8. Take regular action - small steps regularly are easier then large leaps infrequently.
Have a great week reviewing your goals and perhaps even setting some new ones.